Latest Version updated: Thursday 27th February 2020
By reading and continuing to use this website, you agree to the following conditions of use.
About Poppins PA
Poppins PA makes every effort to ensure that information on this website is accurate and up-to-date. However, we cannot accept responsibility for any loss or inconvenience caused by reliance on information on this site.
We may collect and hold the following information about you and your business / organisation:
- Information about your visit to our website, including details about your computer, your browser and how you use this website (please see the Cookie Usage section of this policy).
- Name, company name, e-mail address, phone number, and any details you may give us when contacting us via our Contact Form.
- Any information (name, company name, e-mail address, details of enquiry etc.) you send us via e-mail.
- Any personal details provided in your email or letters to us,
- Records of any services we or our partners provide for your company/business/organisation.
If you contact us for any reason, we may retain copies of any letters, emails or online forms and may record telephone conversations with you.
Why and how we use your data
Under the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we are required to provide you with the lawful bases under which we are processing your data.
By emailing us you are consenting to the processing of your personal data and as such consent is the legal basis being utilised. If you contact us via email, letter or our contact form your information may be held for a longer period of time.
We may use your personal data in order to:
- Administer our website,
- Keep our website secure and prevent fraud,
- Reply to any enquiry you have sent us via this website, via email or via letter,
- Send you non-marketing communications.
Who we share personal data with and why
We may share your personal data with:
- our employees, officers, suppliers and subcontractors in order fulfil any query you have made to us.
- any other official authority, to the extent we are required to do so by the law
Your Data and your rights
Under the new 2018 GDPR, you have the right to:
- be informed about how your personal data is being used,
- access your data and supplementary information,
- update your data if your information needs to be corrected or updated,
- delete your data from our records,
- restrict processing of your personal data,
- object to the processing of your data.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights, please get in touch.
Our security and your data
Poppins PA has appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to protect your data, and prevent the loss or misuse of your personal information.
In case of a data protection breach of a nature likely to result in a risk to the rights and freedoms of the individual we will contact the supervisory body within 72 hours and if of a high risk to the individual will contact the individual without undue delay.
Links to third-party websites
Cookie usage policy
When we provide services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. Where services are delivered on the internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your computer, smart phone, tablet etc. These include small files known as cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personally.
These pieces of information are used to improve services for you through, for example:
- Enabling a service to recognise your device so you don’t have to give the same information several times during one task,
- Recognising that you may already have given a username and password, so you don’t need to do it for every web page requested,
- Measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and there’s enough capacity to ensure they are fast.
You can manage these small files yourself and learn more about them through the Direct Gov website: browser cookies – what they are and how to manage them
We use Google Analytics on our website to keep a track of what pages our users are visiting most frequently cookies to help us accurately estimate the number of visitors to the website and volumes of usage. This is to ensure that the service is available when you want it and fast.
Cookies are pieces of data created when you visit a site, and contain a unique, anonymous number. They are stored in the cookie directory of your hard drive, and do not expire at the end of your session. Cookies do not contain any personal information about you and cannot be used to identify an individual user. If you choose not to accept the cookie, this will not affect your access to the majority of facilities available on our website.
Although your browser may be set up to allow the creation of cookies, you can specify that you be prompted before a site puts a cookie on your hard disk, so that you can decide whether to allow or disallow the cookie. Alternatively, you can set your computer not to accept any cookie.
This site uses Google Analytics code to gather statistical information. For more information on how Google Analytics processes this information, visit https://www.google.com/analytics.
During your visit to the site you may notice some cookies that are not related to https://www.poppins-pa.com/. This happens when you visit a page with content embedded from a third party (for example YouTube videos) or use some of the links to social networking sites (e.g. Share This). These websites may place cookies on your computer. You should check these third-party websites’ privacy policies for more information about their cookies if you are concerned about this.
Make a complaint
If you are unhappy with how we have processed your information, please contact our office in the first instance. If you are still not happy with the outcome you have the right to complain to the supervisory body who can be contacted at: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF; www.ico.org.uk; Tel. 0303 123 1113.
Reviewing the Policy